3-hole shower faucet repl

Users who are viewing this thread

sldghmmr

Reaction score
I need to replace a three handle shower set. I don't want to re-tile the entire shower/tub. Sooo . . .

1. Is there a 3-hole cover available such as those for 3-to-1 hole conversions?
2. If not, how can I remove the tile so I can re-use it?

Thank You much!

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

Yes, many manufacturers have cover plates made to go from 3 or 2 handle to 1 handle conversions. There are also generic type cover plates.
I recommend a pressure balance valve since you are changing this one out. They are code everywhere and simply a safe easy way to protect your family from being scalded in the shower.
Deb
The Pipewench

sldghmmr

Reaction score
Not clear in the fogesphere!

Thank you, Deb.
I guess I could've been more vague if I tried. I have a three handle and I am replacing with a three handle. I need a source for a cover plate for three handles. I know of the conversions from 3 or 2 -to-one, but what about a three handle cover for 3 handle set so I don't have to try to save my tile or re-tile the whole shebang. Thanks again!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danco makes one, but it is plastic, with a mirror finish. A good plumbing supply house should have one in metal, chrome finish.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
From Back

You may be better off to come in from the back. To get a decent repair on the tile you need to cut a larger hole than needed so that you have more support around the holes. Stud width and at least 2 feet vertical. If the tiles are set on a mud base this can be more challenging than if they are set on sheetrock or cement board.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks