(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 3-hole shower faucet repl

Cool 3-hole shower faucet repl

I need to replace a three handle shower set. I don't want to re-tile the entire shower/tub. Sooo . . .

1. Is there a 3-hole cover available such as those for 3-to-1 hole conversions?
    2. If not, how can I remove the tile so I can re-use it?

Thank You much!

Default Deb

Yes, many manufacturers have cover plates made to go from 3 or 2 handle to 1 handle conversions. There are also generic type cover plates.
    I recommend a pressure balance valve since you are changing this one out. They are code everywhere and simply a safe easy way to protect your family from being scalded in the shower.
    Deb
    The Pipewench

Wink Not clear in the fogesphere!

Thank you, Deb.
    I guess I could've been more vague if I tried. I have a three handle and I am replacing with a three handle. I need a source for a cover plate for three handles. I know of the conversions from 3 or 2 -to-one, but what about a three handle cover for 3 handle set so I don't have to try to save my tile or re-tile the whole shebang. Thanks again!

Danco makes one, but it is plastic, with a mirror finish. A good plumbing supply house should have one in metal, chrome finish.

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney LonnythePlumber's Avatar

Default From Back

You may be better off to come in from the back. To get a decent repair on the tile you need to cut a larger hole than needed so that you have more support around the holes. Stud width and at least 2 feet vertical. If the tiles are set on a mud base this can be more challenging than if they are set on sheetrock or cement board.