Mastercool problem

Users who are viewing this thread

inkycaps

Reaction score
I just powered up my Mastercool Evap for the summer. The motor, pump, blower, are all in good condition and are properly set up.

However, the air flow seems to be restricted. I removed the duct plate, so there should be flow.

It works fine if I leave a panel off of the unit. When I put it on, the air gets restricted. This hasnt happened before.

Am I forgetting something?

thanks for the help

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Swamp Cooler

Sounds like it's time to replace the pads.

inkycaps

Reaction score
the pad does have a good ammount of deposits. I guess Ill try rinsing/scrubing it out, see if i can get one more season out of it, but ill probably just replace it.

Thanks for the help!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pads

It is often recommended to replace the pads each season. They come in individual sizes for a couple of bucks, or you can buy a roll of the material and cut it to size.

R

Rancher

Yeah I got 10 years out of my Mastercool pad, it was the 6 inch thick one, it weighed a ton because of all the calcium. And it wasn't cheap to replace, I wouldn't do it every year, maybe more like every 5 years.

Rancher

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pad

I'm just talking about the generic stuff that looks like straw with a plastic outer lining. Or do you have to use the OEM pad with Mastercool?

R

Rancher

Verde,

The Master Cool pads are a honey comb design out of paper, kinda like the craft paper they used for grocery shopping bags, mine is a one pad cooler, it's about 36" X 36" and 8" thick. I replaced it last year, I think it ran me around $120.00. Maybe I'll replumb it with the house soft water, that would take care of the calcium build up, that took care of the problems I was having with my back porch fogger.

Rancher

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rancher said:
Verde,

The Master Cool pads are a honey comb design out of paper, kinda like the craft paper they used for grocery shopping bags, mine is a one pad cooler, it's about 36" X 36" and 8" thick. I replaced it last year, I think it ran me around $120.00. Rancher

I've worked on dozens of units and they all took the cheap pads. My customers (most of them very poor) would never by a unit that required a $120 pad.:eek:

Dawgonit

Reaction score
I have a Mastercool MMB 14 shop portable cooler and I can't even imagine how I would get any other pads in there than the ones HJ describes. The straw like ones wouldnt stay in place unless i but enough of them to make them thick enough to sit in there otherwise they would just slump to the bottom the same goes for the blue pads. I would have to do some serious modification to get either one of those to work and it seems like that would cost me almost as much as just buying the right ones for it. Just sayin'

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks