Water - everything - backing up into the house! HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

danimart1105

Reaction score
Since my family bought our house - some 20 years ago - we have ALWAYS had problems with our sewer line. About every 3 months. We usually just call the city - we live in a small town - or run a snake down the pipe (the one that sticks out of the ground outside the house) and we are okay. But this last week we have had major problems.

We are having a lot of problems with a gurgling noise in our pipes(we hear this in the kitchen sink, the bathtub and now the washing machine drain)and water backing up into the house. For instance - just this week - we cannot flush the toilet or wash clothes (or run the dishwasher) at the same time or the toilet will clog and then everything will back up into the bathtub. NOT a pretty site! :eek:

We have called the city and they say the city main is running clear but we are still having problems. And, apparently, we are the only ones on our street having problems so I have to believe the city when they say the main line is okay.

Just today, we washed a load of clothes (in cold water) and the water backed up into the bathtub, the toilets overflow when attemting to flush and the outside clean out pipe is overflowing (after we removed the cap). The water goes down after a while but this has been happening repeatedly.

Any clues? PLEASE HELP!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks