No water after electrical problems?HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Momof11

Reaction score
We are new to this well and pump thing-came from the city-anyways-a couple days ago-electric started going haywire-things would go off without tripping a braeker-we were not using anything out of the ordinary-some outlets would work one day and not the next then work again-my appliances would go out-we now are plugging in a grill and the ceiling light goes off while I`m doing it?
Anyways-we had to turn off main and all braekers several times over the days and NOW I have NO water-no pressure at all on gauge-so I don`t know if pump was going bad and THAT made electrical go crazy and now it just died OR the electrical messed up the pump-we tried turning off breaker to pump and waiting and hour-nothing!We also ahve a box to the pump that has a red lever-we tried turning that off and on-that has two fuses-could those be bad?
We are SO broke-so I`m trying to trouble shoot...any idea?Lisa

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I wouldn't be quick to blame the pump...sounds like you have an electrical supply problem. Could be a loose connection or a fried bus bar in the breaker panel (usually from a loose connection). You could take the cover off of the breaker panel and look for discolored wires, burned wires, or loose screws. Just keep in mind that there's electricity there. It could be a bad main breaker, too.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You might want to call an electrician before you start a fire in your home. I know being broke is no fun (been there done that) but you are taking a big risk with this kind of problem.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks