Sink Kitchen to Horizontal Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to connect my bathroom and laundry room sinks to a pvr drain pipe (2") that is running horizontal. I'll put the vent in the stub going to the sink, so the vent should not be a problem.

Are there any code or performance issues with connecting the sink to a horizontal drain pipe via a combo wye? The images all tend to be connections to vertical pipes.

Thanks,
Steve

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Many pipes and fixtures are wyed off of horizontal lines.
It's how it's done, that matters.

2" horizontal carries less than 2" vertical, so using a code book, you could determine the units and how many the pipe would carry.

Could they all be pulled off at the same level, I don't think so. Normally you would wye up off of the horizontal and make sure the vents are in place for each fixture.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Your question and description is much to vague for us to be able to visualize EXACTLY how you plan to install the piping. And that would determine how to answer your question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks