Crane Bath faucet Leak Question

Users who are viewing this thread

TBB

Reaction score
We have a Crane Drexel bathtub faucet that leaks from the cold side. I replaced the cartiridge and washer (I also put a new washer on the hot side and it continues to be just fine.) The cold continues to drip, but not as bad as before. As my two-year old says "it's dripperring!" Any suggestions to how to get rid of the drip (drippering)? Thanks...

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Leaky Faucet

I did some research and found that some very old models require a double thick washer or stacking 2 washers on top of each other. If that doesn't work, you can try using a fat beveled washer. I'm not sure if there is a seat that can be removed and replaced.

Attachments

• beveled washer.jpg
    beveled washer.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

TBB

Reaction score
Thanks You - two washers better than one!

Thank you for the advice. The two washers did the trick. My two year old daughter is now saying "fixed it, no more dripperring." Given that the tub is tiled, to have to replace would have been teribly burdensome. Thanks again!:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks