Answer buy a new one??

Users who are viewing this thread

VAwife

Reaction score
We have a toilet that we've plunged and used an auger on and got no where. It has a very slow drain and will not get rid of anything solid. I called a plumber and they also snaked it and got no where. His answer to me was "you need a new toilet and I can install one now for you". Is this a real answer? Will replacing the toilet take care of the clog? There use to be children living in this house and I'm willing to bet there's a toy caught somewhere in there - I can't imagine replacing the toilet would take care of that? Any recommendations on next steps would be appreciated. I obviously said no to the install a new toilet.

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well, I've had the same thing.
One year I had an American Standard Cadet in one of the bathrooms.
Worked well for several months, then bam!
It kept plugging.
I plunged, augered, took it outside in the yard and augered, got fed up and replace it.

If you have a toilet that constantly plugs, that an auger can't seem to clear, well, then replacement could be an option.
I don't know how much you want to pay a plumber to work with something that he can't get a good result with.

VAwife

Reaction score
Thanks Terry - sounds like I'm buying a new toilet. Of course that's another bath I want to 'upgrade' so it will be new toilet, vanity, tiles yada yada yada.

PS I like the new picture! What a difference! :p :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks