Detached garage water

Users who are viewing this thread

modity

Reaction score
Hi, I have a detached garage where I want to put a sink and possibly bathroom eventually. My well has a submersible pump and is 18 feet from garage. My house is another 60 feet on the other side of well. Can I tap into well and use same pump for garage by changing wiring and using T off of well with another brain in garage??? What other options do I have if not?:confused:

R

Rancher

modity said:
Can I tap into well and use same pump for garage by changing wiring and using T off of well with another brain in garage???
Not sure what you mean by changing wiring, you can T off the water line on the side of the pump towards the tank as long as there is not a check valve in between, no other control/brain is necessary.

Rancher

modity

Reaction score
Thxs Rancher, so as long as I don't have a check valve in the line I can just T the line right at the well and run it to garage where I install faucet and eventually bathroom with toilet and shower for an apartment? Will the brain in house detect need for water at garage and will I get pressure loss at house? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm trying to learn?

R

Rancher

OK "the brain" is a very simple pressure switch, it turns on the pump when the pressure in the tank is below it's setting.

What kind of pump do you have, can you find out if there is a check valve in the line between the well and the tank, where is the tank located, how big is your well? No it won't affect your pressure unless you are using both at the same time.

Rancher

modity

Reaction score
the well pump is a 2 wire Franklin submersible 1/2 hp, I do have a check valve in front of the tank in my basement, the tank is about 30 gals, and I have water at 34 feet deep from a well that is 6" steel cased.

R

Rancher

Remove the check valve at the tank, you don't need it, and some will say that it causes problems, you have a check in the submersible pump that is all you need. When you remove the second check you will be able to tap in anywhere along that line.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks