Gas Water Heater Suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasonmcl

Reaction score
I have three bathrooms, three kids and a huge tub that the wife uses daily. The 50 gallon 5 year old 40K BTU State water heater is completely exhausted after filling the tube. My thoughts are a 40 or 50 in series or purchase a 65 or 75 quick recovery. What are your suggestions on size and brand?

thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you checked the "Products and Services" link on the opening of this site? Terry has some good comparisons of various water heater brands and sizes as well as links to manufacturers. That said, here's what I, as a DIYer would do. I'd make sure the new heater had ample capacity, I usually tend to supersize things a bit to allow of the unforseen. Then, since I have a Power Vent via ABS pipe with no reasonable or practical way to vent through the roof, I'd make sure the vent would be compatiable with what I have. I would select a model with a long tank warranty, even though in my area tanks tend to outlast the warranty by several years. That's just more of my supersizing. I prefer an electronic ignition rather than a pilot light. I'm not "hung-up" on brands, I think most of the name brands are pretty good, but I have had a very good experience with my Rheem that I got at Lowe's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks