(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Basement bathroom rough-in, venting, ejector pump questions

Default Basement bathroom rough-in, venting, ejector pump questions

Hello,

I am planning to build a bathroom (lavatory and vanity) in the basement and wanted to find out if I could avoid installing additional vent. Lavatory will be located 3ft from the ejector basin, which is already vented. Could you please advise if attached configuration is acceptable and/or provide advice? Please provide a sketch if possible on how it should be done. By the way I am in Chicago land area not really sure what the code is.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my town (in NJ) you'd need to vent the toilet. BTW, I think "lavitory" means sink - not toilet.
    (important note: I'm not a pro)

it's a sink and toilet as per my diagram. Where would you connect toilet vent in my diagram.

thanks,
    Chris

If you are in Chicago, you really need to do this right. They have their own code you need to follow. Call City Hall and talk to an inspector, they will steer you in the right direction. I am an Illinois licensed plumber and don't work in Chicago, because I am not a 130 plumber. They look askance at outsiders. If you do it yourself without a permit and get caught, it will cost you.

Default vent

When I was in the Chicagoland area, they were very strict about venting, and that design would not have worked then.

How about this:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    --Customers of plumbers: Never be afraid to ask for proof of licensure of the plumber servicing your equipment. A licensed plumber will be proud to show you his personal license.--

This is exactly what I had in mind originally but I was looking for easy way out. Question with your proposal, can you link toilet and sink vent into the pit vent? Some individuals are stating that it should not be done this way and you should have two separate vents.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like dubldare's drawing.
    It does't show the sweep fittings, but you should know which ones are sweep anyway.

His drawing shows the lav vented, the toilet vented, and then the lav wyed in downstream after the toilet has vented.

All the vents then can tie together like his drawing, and up it goes.

thank you all for an advice