Basement bathroom rough-in, venting, ejector pump questions

Users who are viewing this thread

kopec

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to build a ½ bathroom (lavatory and vanity) in the basement and wanted to find out if I could avoid installing additional vent. Lavatory will be located 3ft from the ejector basin, which is already vented. Could you please advise if attached configuration is acceptable and/or provide advice? Please provide a sketch if possible on how it should be done. By the way I am in Chicago land area not really sure what the code is.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Attachments

• plumbing_diagram.pdf
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,419

Prashster

Reaction score
In my town (in NJ) you'd need to vent the toilet. BTW, I think "lavitory" means sink - not toilet.

kopec

Reaction score
it's a sink and toilet as per my diagram. Where would you connect toilet vent in my diagram.

thanks,
Chris

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you are in Chicago, you really need to do this right. They have their own code you need to follow. Call City Hall and talk to an inspector, they will steer you in the right direction. I am an Illinois licensed plumber and don't work in Chicago, because I am not a 130 plumber. They look askance at outsiders. If you do it yourself without a permit and get caught, it will cost you.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
How about this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 47,442

kopec

Reaction score
This is exactly what I had in mind originally but I was looking for easy way out. Question with your proposal, can you link toilet and sink vent into the pit vent? Some individuals are stating that it should not be done this way and you should have two separate vents.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I like dubldare's drawing.
It does't show the sweep fittings, but you should know which ones are sweep anyway.

His drawing shows the lav vented, the toilet vented, and then the lav wyed in downstream after the toilet has vented.

All the vents then can tie together like his drawing, and up it goes.

James Broadback

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know this is an older thread but I did come across this in my search and saw Terry's response regarding the pit vent integration. Is this type of integration allowed? I need to run a new vent and was looking to run one 2" vent through an exterior wall. The drain for the sink would be a 1.5" wet vent with one 90 turn. The size of the proposed bathroom is a 5x7.

index.php

Attachments

• roughplumbingplan.png
    roughplumbingplan.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,047
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks