Please help this even the professional couldnt figure it out...Have video

Users who are viewing this thread

jpatz18

Reaction score
I have listed this anther forum but not getting any luck.....heres he video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CetfN4G8pTQ

Heres what has been done....the pressure switch has been changed..the line to the pressure switch has been changed. The tank was water logged but has to drained and filled to 28lb. I dont know what else it could be i have a water softner, and a tall thing...iron remover...i have no clue what its called it has a backwash and a timer... PLEASE HELP! i paid 60.00 for a professional and after an hour he told me to see if itll work its way out. LOL... but no it hasnt. Im afraid if i call him he'll say i need a new pump just to "take care" of the problem...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Wow.

That's what happens when you either don't have a tank, the tank is totally waterlogged or someone put a valve between the pump and tank and closed it. By the way, your motor is a gonner if you let it keep doing that.

Did this "Pro" have an air compressor with him to blow out the tank and add the air pressure? It took him an hour to change a switch??? Did he do anything to the tank. Just so you know, changing the switch won't cure the problem.

bob...

jpatz18

Reaction score
i changed the switch.It didnt take a hour. 10 min...
Yes he completely emptied the tank of water. He used my air compressor, his didnt work. I where would this valve be? no he did do anything to the ank expect empty it and put 28lb of pressure in it. I will get another video of the whole setup....ill post it tommorow....

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
If its not the tank or a valve,i'll have to bet you have a clogged fitting somewhere between the pump and the tank.

SAM

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Have you checked tto see if the tank is full of water again?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I know a couple of pump guys just like yours. I don't imagine you will be wanting their phone numbers.

So it took this guy an hour to empty your tank with your air compressor. He didn't say anything about the pump motor hammering off and on like a vibrator and charged you then left? I would lose his number too.

Hopefully the new pic or video will show us what's going on.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
No offense, but if your looking for a career in film making, "don't quit your dayjob"

It looks like you did your tank shopping at a big box store. I saw a valve, but couldn't tell if it was a hose bibb or a gate valve between the pump and tank. I'm not really sure, I'm still kind of dizzy.

So if it's not a gate valve between the pump and tank that is closed. Either your tank is completely full of water or it has more air pressure in it than the pressure the pump is shutting off at. There is nowhere for the water to go while the pump is making pressure and that's why the switch is hammering like that.

Do yourself a favor, eat the $60.00 and call a real pro. This guy is a moron.

bob...

jpatz18

Reaction score
hmmmm... the switch is a 20-40 and i told him that. I replaced it with the same thing as before the old one was a 20-40. he said i should have got a 30-50 but could "adjust it" yeah i no im not the best filmer :( i checked the pressure. it was holding air but my guage was crappy and could get a good reading. So could it be the switch?

R

Rancher

jpatz18 said:
I replaced it with the same thing as before the old one was a 20-40.
If your switch is 20-40 why is the pressure up around 50?

jpatz18 said:
( i checked the pressure. it was holding air but my guage was crappy and could get a good reading. So could it be the switch?
How did you check the pressure, did you turn off the pump and drain the tank?

This just started happening, right? I don't see a gate valve before the tank, so I would pull the pump apart and clean out all the orifices tubes etc. especially to the pressure switch, because that's whats seeing the water hammer.

Rancher

jpatz18

Reaction score
he adjusted it to be 50 i dont know why i told him it was a 20-40.

no i didnt drain the tank should i have to check the pressure?

R

Rancher

If you don't drain the tank all you are measuring is the water pressure, it should match what is on the guage (or close), when you drain the tank you are measuring the pressure in the bladder, if there is none, that is the problem.

Rancher

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Buy a new pressure switch. Shutoff the pump and drain down system. Check the pressure tank for correct air pressure for switch you want to use. Pressure should be 2# lower than the rated cut in pressure of the switch. Install the new switch. Turn on pump. If pressure fluctuates again shut off pump, drain down system and pull pressure tank and see if it is water logged. Be sure all valves are open while pressurizing system.

I suspect the pressure tank has a problem.

If you open a faucet when the pressure gauge is bouncing what happens?

Speedbump

Reaction score
You don't want a snubber if you can help it, they just plug up and cause more problems. Your tank is waterlogged and needs changing.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks