Pressure Regulator install Q

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianL

Reaction score
OK, bought a Watts residential pressure regulator, but am confused. It came with one nut/washer assembly. Which end does it go on, and do I need it?

I am using PEX connectors which will fit without this nut. See attached pic.

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to get this done on Sunday - all help is appreciated!

--Brian

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 263

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It goes on the end that is machined to take the O ring. The union nut is so it can be easily disconnected for replacement when it fails. It should be installed with the arrow in the direction of the water flow which is towards / into the house.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I use the N55BU's and they are saweet! Dual nuts with 3/4" copper sweat connectors.

Most everything is copper here and all you do is hold it to the pipe, two cuts and solder away. That simple.

That's a pretty heavy device to have both sides running pex to; I'd be supporting that or you'll have strain on the piping.

word!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Prv

By code the nut goes on the house side so it can be disconnected and tested. I prefer to buy the ones with two nuts so it can be replaced easily. That is not a problem with PEX however.

BrianL

Reaction score
Thanks!

Excellent, thanks for the quick responses. The O-ring can go on either side, but I will put it on the 'house' side per Cass's suggestion.

Thanks, it will be getting replaced (along with a bunch of other plastic plumbing) this weekend.

--Brian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks