Water softerner hook in

Users who are viewing this thread

Stbentoak

Reaction score
Hi,
I am installing a new water softener this week and I was told that I could not cut it in BEFORE my bladder tank on my well. It would make my job MUCH easier if I could. Does anyone know why you can't do this? Does the soft water harm the bladder tank,or does the tank shield the softener from pulsating incoming water from the well....

Thanks
Steve
Elkhart, IN

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You should be asking the guys you bought it from but, on the well side will cause water to flow back into the outlet when the pump isn't running; among other problems. And as usuall, the right way to do something is usually not the easiest but it is the least expensive and always is the quickest way to get anything done right. That's because done right means it is the only thing that has to be done and it only has to be done once...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
well

Before the tank the pressure from the tank can become excessive, as could the flow rate. It would also have to be after the check valve which is usually right at the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks