2 Valves on one zone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dbinaz

Reaction score
Is it ok to control 2 valves from 1 zone? Seems my "installer" took some shortcuts. Or should it be one valve per zone?

Thanks,
Derek

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's usually 1 valve per zone. If you have two valves, then you are really controlling 2 zones at once. The drawback to this is that you may not have adequate water pressure to work 2 zones at once. Are all the heads popping up and have good flow? The other drawback is that you may not want both of these zones to go on at once, even if you did have adequate pressure.

It wouldn't be hard to remedy this. Just run an independent wire from your control box to each valve.

Dbinaz

Reaction score
it's actually for a drip system.
I was just kind of leary if there would be enough current to fully open both valves? Or a strain on the timer?
I may run another wire, but it's not going to be an easy run.

Derek

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks