I have an issue with the water draining away from my "High efficiency" heating furnace. Water is fed through a rubber hose into a "condensate trap" and then out through a plastic pipe to an outside drain. There is no pressure involved with this, it is simply a gravity drain away system.
My question is about this "condensate trap" which is a cheap looking white plastic box with 3 inlets (I think) and one outlet.
Can someone describe what is inside this box? Is it simply an empty cavity, or is there some form of valve inside?
Many thanks for your help,