Hunter Sprinklers

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome8283

Reaction score
Can you spray the rotary (PGP) and spray (PS) heads with a little WD40 so they popup and go down without becoming stuck in either position?

Teamo

Reaction score
I think that the wd 40 might eat the plastic and do more harm than good. You might try to use a waterproof grease or a dry lube type spray.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think anything you put on would soon wash/wear off. Are you sure the heads aren't just a bit dirty for setting over the winter? Let them run and cycle through a few times and see if nature doesn't cure the problem.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The first time you turn on the system in the Spring, it's a good idea to clean off all the grass and dirt that has accumulated around or in the sprinkler heads. Then manually lift up and down on them a few times to clear out any other obstruction. If they still don't want to pop up, you may have a water pressure problem.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If they don't pop up, then it would be a pressure problem. If they don't go down, then clean as suggested.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
The most common cause of head popup/popdown problems is their being installed too low. A case of Hunter PGPs has a drawing on the box showing the proper install height. And yes, the proper height will seem to be too high. In most cases, the growing lawn will continue to build up, and today's too-high head will be a too-low head in some future year.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks