Replace Moen Roman Tub with Price Pfister

Users who are viewing this thread

teamdean

Reaction score
I am trying to replace a Roman tub faucet what I think is a Moen. My wife has selected a new one from Price Pfister.

I do not have access to the plumbing under the tub so the only things that I can change are what is sticking out of the tub. It does not appear that the current configuration is compatable with the new Price Pfister spout. Is there anything I can do to make them work (ie trim kit), or do I need to choose another Moen line?

It appears that what is protruding from the center hole is copper piping. Could this be from the Moen M-Pact rough in valve? If so, how do I tell which one I have? The two spots where the handles go have white threaded plastic that appear to screw into the hole. On top of that is a silver nut attached to the male end of what actually goes into the handle.

Any help would be appreciated. Particularly given my poor description of the situation. :)

Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
No offense here, buy your question is maybe the most common mistake or misunderstanding by do-it-yourselfers. Your question is equivalent to asking if you could take a fender off a Volkswagen and put it on a Caddy.

Faucets and shower valves are extremely unique by brand and model. The is Zero chance that you could take any PricePfister trim and put it on a Moen. Also, the mPact valve is only a few years old, so unless your tub is fairly new, it is probably not that model. There are still probably som choices of trim available from Moen which would fit onto your model. This is all that will be possible without changing the entire valve system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks