moentrol and positemp, same escutcheon?

Users who are viewing this thread

cbl

Reaction score
I installed a Moentrol with chrome trim. My customer now wants polished brass. I think I have an extra brass trim set for a PosiTemp. Anyone know if the set I have will fit the Moentrol?

cbl

Reaction score
Thanks, you saved me a few trips on the way to work tomorrow.

cbl

Reaction score
I found a local electroplating shop that is going to turn the chrome pieces into polished brass. He is charging me his minimum fee of $85.00 for plating the escutcheon, handle, screws, etc. All pieces will also get a few coats of laquer. I hope it all holds up for the next few years.

cbl

Reaction score
Only one supply house had the kit and it was $350+, not including the Moentrol valve. Moen no longer sells a polished brass kit thru their website (discontinued 2 years ago?). e Bay had a few kits surface in the $150-200 range. The local strores like Home Depot etc. don't have anything listed in their special order catalogs. Barnette's (catalog) had nothing in their warehouse. Going to a plate shop was a last resort for me. I was glad to pay their fee, seemed like a bargain after all the hunting I did.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks