One-handle

Users who are viewing this thread

kari99

Reaction score
One-handle Eljer tub faucet

I have an ELJER one-handle tub and it recently started leaking. I thought I could just easily replace the plastic valve?(guts) to fix it (see pic). But I can't find those particular parts anywhere (Loews, HD, etc.) No one seems to have any Eljer stuff (other than toilets and tubs.) No replacement parts. I tried the Eljer website, but it was pretty useless. I don't really have the money or skill to relace the entire portion (pipes,brazing etc.) I just would like to simply replace the guts portion. Any advice or insight would be great. Thanks.
IMG_1570.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mannerofspeakin

Reaction score
Resurrecting an oldie but a goodie. Same model of Eljer here (same as picture at top of thread). The link given shows discontinued model pre-1993 and then the current model post 1993. Would the cartridge from the new version fit/work in old version ? Old version is at least two parts while new is a cartridge. I also think the old version has small springs and gaskets that fit in side top of valve opening before pieces go in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks