Shallow Well

Users who are viewing this thread

Hank

Reaction score
I need some help. I replaced my gould shallow well pump and tank. I primed the system and the pump runs and the tank pressurizes to 30 psi. As soon as I turn on the hose the pressure drops but the pump will not come on. I replaced the pressure switch but I have the same problem. I can walk away from the pump and after 20 minutes or so the pump comes on pressure to 30 psi and shuts off. There is not a leak because if I leave the pump alone the pressure stays at 30 psi. Why can't I keep a suction when I open the nozzle on my hose? Anyone have this problem or seen it before?

Speedbump

Reaction score
What did you replace your Goulds pump with?

Why do you have your switch set to shut the pump off at 30 psi instead of 50 or better?

bob...

Hank

Reaction score
I replaced the pump with a the same model Gould J7 3/4hp J+ convertible jet pump.
What I don't understand I don't think I have any leaks because when the pump comes on the bladder pressurizes to 30 psi and it holds. Only when I open the hose the pressure goes south and the pump won't turn on.
You asked why am I cutting the pump off at 30 psi and not 50 psi or higher.
How do I get the pressure up to 50 psi?

Speedbump

Reaction score
You can adjust the pressure switch. If you send us a picture or describe the switch, someone can tell you how.

My biggest question is with a new pump; how did it get set at 30 psi off in the first place?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks