Pressure issue in residential home

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianL

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks for the previous replies on my PEX system.

I have been in this home for 1 year. In the last month we have had a pressure issue. Pressure at an outdoor spigot is 60psi, drops to 15 when an indoor faucet is opened. Pressure goes back up in ~3 minutes if the faucet is turned off. Obviously we see pressure drop while showering/etc.

I have not done any recent plumbing changes (changed the kitchen pipes to PEX 6 months ago from polybutylene). Line from meter to house is 3/4 inch polybutylene, attaching to a pressure regulator (see pics). Neighbors have no pressure problems. No leaks. There is no expansion tank on the hot water heater (house built in 1992).

Any ideas? Bad regulator?

Thanks again, you all are loads of help!

--Brian

Attachments

• pressreg3.jpg
    pressreg3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 184
  • pressreg2.jpg
    pressreg2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 183

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A regulator with a clogged strainer and/or faulty diaphragm seal wil cause you symptoms. While in theory, it can be rebuilt, I would not even consider it, as the success rate is very low. You can get a reglator for about $50 and it is an easy change out.

BrianL

Reaction score
Excellent, that is what I will do, and will let you know what happens.

Thanks!!

--Brian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks