Quarter turn Sillcock Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

novice 1832

Reaction score
I recently installed a new Quarter Master, quarter turn sillcock. Since I installed it by soldering, I removed the stem and then replaced it after everything cooled. Now when I connect a hose and turn the faucet on, water streams out of the stem near the handle. Did I re-install the stem incorrectly? I removed it and re-installed it 2 or 3 times with the same result. I also cleaned a small amount of solder out of it. When the valve is shut off, there are no leaks.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If memory serves me right there is no packing nut on those, just an O ring seal I think. The stem is tight or it isn't.

novice 1832

Reaction score
Attached is a picture of the bibb disassembled. Am I missing an o-ring?

Attachments

• Hose Bibb.jpg
    Hose Bibb.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 699

novice 1832

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! I must have lost the packing. This means another trip to the store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks