Safe Pressure Treated Lumber...

Users who are viewing this thread

I26

Reaction score
I havebeen learning of the really harmful effects of Pressure treated wood containing CCA, (aka. arsenic). It is said to last over 20 years and absorbs easily into a childs skin. So where might one buy wood that is safe? I heard of some called ACQ pressure treated pine but am not sure where to find it. Anyone up on this topic that can maybe help with some insight?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe all retail lumber distributors no longer stock CCA lumber. They have switched to the safer types. The lumber will be well labeled, and even the newer types I imagine one should limit exposure by wearing gloves and dust mask during construction.

Cookie

Reaction score
I did an article on it once, mostly the concern was the wood being used in the playground equipment. Kids breathing the effects of it, running their hands over it, putting their mouths on it. Also, alot of the mulch that is used, is being restricted on playground use as well. Tests have shown, that some mulch, carry bacteria, which can cause illness when the kids' barefeet goes in it, hands with small cuts play it in, and again, breathing it. Along with as well, some playgrounds were used prior for chemical dumping grounds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks