Moen temp control issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Lawless

marketing coordinator
Reaction score
I'm installing the finish plumbing in the bathroom and have a problem with the temp control fitting properly - see photo. The round cylinder piece that the control slips onto seems to be too long - notice the gap between the control and the surrounding plate. They included this piece with the faucet, but that piece was already installed by the plumber. Am I going to have to live with this?

Thanks,
Angie

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 299

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
space

EVERYONE does. That gap is directly related to the distance the valve body is mounted inside the wall, which is not a fixed distance, (the manufacturer gives a max/min dimension which will work with the materials they furnish), because the plumber seldom knows exactly how thick the wall is going to be. If the valve is close to the surface, the gap will be large, and if it is mounted deep inside the wall, the gap will be small, (if it is too deep then an extension would have been needed and then the gap would be large again).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks