Need help removing Kohler faucet handle

Users who are viewing this thread

sound wave

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a leak from my cold water handle and I was trying to figure out how to remove the handle so that I can tighten the inner screw.

I found an exploded picture, and i removed the allen screw (52779) under the handle, but that is as far as i can get. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Gary

index.php

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The 52545 screw is holding the handle together so removing the little screw holding the insert does not help. It has been a long time since I worked on one of them, but if I remember correctly, the "skirt" unscrews and lifts the handle with it.

sound wave

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i tried unscrewing the skirt, but it seems that the 53198 post prevents it from unscrewing. am i doing something wrong? thanks.

albanmews

Reaction score
The Kohler website and forums are really unhelpful! I discovered how to remove this faucet (both sink and shower):
Hold the faucet lever. Grab and twist the skirt under the lever and twist clockwise (as looking down at the handle). If it's tight, try using a rubber jar opener to loosen it. If really tight, use a strap wrench (I found one at Sears for under $6) to loosen. Spin the skirt clockwise until the lever is released. That exposes a Phillips head screw. Remove it to expose the underlying valve/assembly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks