Steam generator drain

Users who are viewing this thread

kirkm

Reaction score
I am roughing in a stream room/shower with a steam generator in a near-by storage area that has a auto flush to washout the system after use. The instructions say to make sure connect the drain out and pressure relief follow all applicable codes with no guidance :confused:. 1.5" Drain is readily accessible below where I plan to mount the steam unit. Can I connect these directly to the drain using a trap or do I need some kind of air gap device?

Kirk

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Steam Gererator

The picture does not show it but usually a floor drain or an indirect drain connection is provided for the steam unit to handle the relief valve discharge if it were to open. A local licensed plumber can advise you or at least call the Building Department to find out what is required.

https://steamsaun.com/support

Last edited by a moderator:

kirkm

Reaction score
Thanks. I will call the county inspector as I am planning to do the installation. The drain available in a sanitary drain and I would want to discharge into it and could install a p trap. I am a little concerned that the steam generator would get infrequent use and the trap could dry out with an air gap. I have a floor drain that goes to sump pump crock where ac condensation line is running but it is know where near where I plan to install the steam generator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks