Help on Tub Surround!

Users who are viewing this thread

Barney1

Reaction score
I just brought home my second 3-piece bath surround by Crane from Lowes. The first one had a cracked main back panel and the second on had the main panel cracked and the left panel was in pieces. This stuff seems very flimsy. I guess once its glued to the drywall it should be ok. I see that Home Depot sells something similar by American Shower & Bath but I’m not sure if its any stronger. I also see that Lowes and HD sell Sterling, but not sure if it will work with the Americast tub that I bought. Any help or advice would be helpful. I guess I can go and get two more sets of the Crane and hope that finally I can have a complete set then return the others.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The box stores never figure out that their system for material handling.....high volume, underpaid staff, not enough staff, inadequate storage space......provides a guarantee that heavy or bulky items such as your shower wall set will be mishandled. A certain amount of damage occurs and is considered acceptable. They just write it off and accept it as a cost of doing business, not mindful of how it disrupts a customer's day!

Dan Pick

Reaction score
If you've had 2 out of 3 cracked in the box.........I think I would be leary of putting this up in my house as a long term solution.

I would suggest going with acrylic or solid surface. You'll pay more up front but you'll thank me everyday after the install. You're saving enough on the DIY installation upgrade the product and have a first class installation.

Good Luck, Dan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks