Moen single control bathtub/shower faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

gmrsich

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have a slow, but steady drip coming from my bathtub nozzle controlled by a single, pull-out, Moen faucet. Removing the cover plate, I assume that I will have to "unscrew" the nut surrounding the pull-out stem and replace a washer of some sort.
Can some wonderful soul advise?

Thanks,
George:D :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A typical Moen shower does not have any nut to unscrew. Under the handle, if you see a sleeve with a "bump-out" on it, pull that sleeve out. Then you will see a tiny hole in the top of a horshoe clip. Turn off the water, and pull that clip out. It is what secures the cartridge in the body. You may then need special moen cart. puller to rotate and loosen the cartridge before pulling on it. Post a picture here for more details.

gmrsich

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo...I'll be awhile before I can post the picture. I have 21-month-old triplet boys to tend to with wifey! Your description of the clip fits my setup though.

George:D :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks