(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two issues/One system

Previous member

I think we have already answered that question. Your well is not supplying enough water, so it's drawing down and giving your 25' of droppipe a shot of air.

bob...

Elcid,
    have you measured the pumping water level? Because unless you have something lodged in that nozzle speedbumps assumption would be correct.

SAM

Sam:

The depth of the water level while the pump is running is approx. 10'. I have solved the issue of fluctating pressure and everyones answer was correct in that I was not pumping enough water. The solution was to increase the size of pipe from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 this was done the weekend of 4/14/07. The pump is new, I understand anything could clog it, but is that possible with so new a pump? Thanks for the advice
    Last edited by ElCid; 04-20-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Elcid,
    changing the size line was not the remedy to your problem. I know you would want to think that but its not.Your old line had a suction leak. When you replaced that line you put that one together so there werent any suction leaks. At this point if you want us to help you with this system we would need to see some photos of your setup because what you are telling us doesn't make sense. If what you are telling us is correct then i would say that your pump is junk or you have a serious leak on the discharge side of your system.

SAM

Previous member

I'm in agreement. First it was fluctuating water pressure, then no water then water etc. Then it was the 40 psi. max thing. I'm guite sure you have a self primer because Myers does not offer a 2hp jet pump. So there is no jet to plug. Self primers do not make much more than 40 psi anyway. A Myers 2hp self primer will make a maximum of 50 psi with zero water lift. Take away the 10 feet pumping level you say you have and the pumps max pressure is now less than 50 psi. If you have a pumping level of around 20 feet, max pressure would be around 42 psi. Just like you said you have. So something does not make sense to me either. Changing one pipe size would not cure the problem. I remain confused.

bob...

Bob & Sam:

I am confused as well being a novice. Now that the pump is working without flucatating pressure, I don't know how to get the system to shut off automatically. Stumped !!!

Previous member

If all you want is for the pump to shut off, you can adjust the pressure switch down until it does. Like I said before a pressure switch and tank on a self primer is a bad choice and will most likely give you more problems down the road. Especially when the water level goes up or down a few feet. I'm not going into a disertation as to why, just trust me, it's a bad choice.

bob...