Drake vs Ultramax

Users who are viewing this thread

flanary

Reaction score
We are replacing an American Standard and are looking ato both the Drake and Ultramax. The difference I have been quoted is about $100 and I was just wondering what your opinions were. What is the difference in the two? Also, the SaniGloss on the Ultramax, does that require special cleaning supplies? Thanks!

jcrisler

Reaction score
Drake CST744SG vs Ultramax MS854114SG?

Drake VS Ultramax? Great question! I'm replacing 3 23+ yr old toilets and was wanting answer/comparison too.

According to the test (see update of May 2004 too), the Drake has much better flushing ability.

Hopefully, Terry will give his opinion. What about it Terry?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I replaced both of my toilets with Toto's (vespin and carlyle). Each has SanaGlos. Compared to the old toilets, stuff that does stick (and much less does), comes off with a brush easily, almost no scrubbing at all. Given a choice, I would buy it with Sanaglos.

D

dc_homeplumber

It has been stated here previously by Terry and others in numerous threads that the performance of the Ultramax and Drake is very comparable. So it boils down to your preference as far as looks: one-piece (Ultramax) or two-piece (Drake). I personally find the one-piece models more attractive and there's no gap between tank and bowl for liquids, bacteria, mold, etc., to collect. Then there's the price difference to consider because the two-piece models are less expensive.

The Ultramax also includes the premium seat whereas a seat for the Drake must be purchased separately.

Nothing abrasive should be used on CEFIONTECT. You should be fine with any liquid cleaner as long as it's not acid-based.

flanary

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the information. I am looking forward to purchasing a Toto!!!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Performance between the Drake and the Ultramax is similar.

Reasons to choose the 1-piece Ultramax over the 2-piece Drake would be,
comes with a nice seat
a little quieter
easier to clean between tank and bowl
cleaner for that reason too
easier to install
you may like the look of it

Reasons to choose the 2-piece Drake would be,
comes in two boxes, easier to lift and transport
you may like the look of it

Either one would be a good choice

TOTO Drake 800 grams by Veritech, Video

ms854_sg_wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks