Wanted Toto Drake, but have a 10" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

slowdog

Reaction score
I was looking at a Toto Drake, but when I measured, I've got a 10" rough-in. I'm looking for recommendations that meet the following requirements / wish list:

10" rough-in
excellent flush
elongated bowl
good bowl rinsing
ADA height
quiet
not too expensive

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
10" rough with taller bowls

American Standard Cadet 3 tall, 16.-1/2" with 10" tank

Caroma 270 ADA, 17"

Gerber Ultraflush with 10" tank, 17"

Toto with 10" unifit, 16-1/8"
Soiree
Gunivere
TOTO Drake 10" bowl
CST744EF.10
http://terrylove.biz/home/97-toto-drake-toilet-10-rough.html

cst744ef-10.jpg

CST744EF.10

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited:

Pipewrench KID

Reaction score
Caroma Would Be My Choice

sydney_on_tile.jpg

The Caroma Sydney comfort height round 270 bowl

Last edited by a moderator:

ling13323

Reaction score
I'm in very much the same situation, with the same wishlist. In addition to the 10" rough-in I only have 29" from my wall to the door swing. I figure at most I can have 28" depth for the toilet including the space between the tank and wall. The tank-wall gap tripped me up before, and I had set my heart on squeezing a Guinevere in. This all but eliminates the elongated options, and it looks like the ADAs too, unfortunately.

After reading the forum, I feel like my choices are:
- Toto 10" Drake CST744EF.10
- Gerber Viper
- Gerber Ultraflush
- Niagara flapperless
- American Cadet 3 RF 10" -- Terry, you mentioned there's a tall version. Do you have a model number? I can't find mention of it.
- (Possibly) American Standard compact space saver? When I was at HD I thought I saw that it could be combined with an EL bowl to fit a 10" rough, but maybe it's not worth it.

Is a Toto still a Toto despite the splashing? I think I read some good reviews of the Ultraflush as well as the Cadet 3, but I'm unsure about AS in general. The others are hard to find reviews for.

It seems like none of these are "top" performers, which is disappointing, but could people who've had experience with these toilets provide guidance? All the usual criteria: performance, clogging, bowl wash, noise, splash, replacement parts, anything else... Thanks!

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

SamC

Reaction score
Gerber Avalanche 10"RI 17" height 21-817
Gerber Viper 10"RI 17" height 21-517

ling13323

Reaction score
SamC, both of those have 29 1/4" depths. Far too much for my space, sadly.

Any recommendations from among the options I have?

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Soiree...

If you put a gun to my head and stole my Toto aquia---I would repalce it with the Soiree--No question about it.
Thats a nice looking piece of pottery...

SamC

Reaction score
With the short depth, it looks like you're limited to round-front.

Avalanche 10"RI RF 21-800 Depth: 25 5/8"
Viper 10"RI RF 21-500 Depth: 26 1/4"

I'd take the Avalanche. It has a 3" flush valve, while the Viper has a 2". The MaP report also shows a little better performance with the Avalanche.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any possibility of reworking the door to make it a pocket door? That can really improve the usefulness of a small room.

ling13323

Reaction score
Pocket door would be more than I could handle right now. I'm in a little bit of a rush, need to have the toilet replaced by the end of the month.

I do figure I'm limited to round front. I've heard of elongated ones that have RF depths, but haven't had success in finding them, or if they'd even fit with my 10" RI.

Seemed like the Ultraflush got really good reviews when it came out. How does the Avalanche stack up against it, or the Toto Reliance? Does anyone have enough experience with the models I listed above to do a little compare/contrast? :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks