Trench sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

themoose

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a well 600 ft from the house.

In volusia county florida.

Can I share the trench with water lines and power conduit?

The inspector left a note today while I was away that said water and power in same trench??

I really dont want to dig two trenches, my back is killing me.

Moose

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
How deep is the trench?

Fill 2’ between then and where I live your fine.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
It depends on the local code ammendments. Where I live the seperation is 18" min up to 7.4kV. This works great since you can lay 2 runs in the bottom of a 24" wide trench, which just happens to be 1 bucket wide on a small track-hoe or back hoe. A ditch-witch will get you a 6x24" deep trench, so you could do two trenches 24-30" apart. I'd rather spend $150 for a day rental of a ditch-witch than dig anything that fills up more than a wheelbarrow or two...:D

themoose

Reaction score
The trench was 18" deep and I had both pipes side by side.

I called the man today, and he said he signed off on it, but thought it was not a good idea.

I guess if a water pipe breaks and someone starts digging, they could hit the electrical conduit??

I used sch 40 for water and electrical. I primed the water line before glue, then twisted a quarter turn and held every piece tight. I glued every electrical conduit also.

I shouldn't have any problems..haha.

Now the project is to get the belly out of the drain line under the mobile home and hook up the septic.

I need to get rid of some yellow jackets first, any advice on that.

moose

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hmm well bees. A 1/2 copper pipe 8’ long, 1/2 gallon of gas, and a few bottle rockets.

Do at your own risk and don’t ask what order or how to use them

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
they're mean't to hold water... fill'er up with water!!! The yellow jackets will move out or die... Use a test plug for the sewer if you need. The U/G conduit is considered a wet location and will fill up eventually anyway. You can use a vac or compressor to clear the line before pulling wires.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks