Plumbing question - will this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

caw1982

Reaction score
I am working on roughing in the plumbing for a master bathroom and have a question about running my 3-inch PVC. I cannot run directly to my main stack because I have ductwork in the way. My only other option is to run around my basement which leaves me with a straight 20 foot run, then a 90 degree angle, followed by another 20 foot run and another 90 degree angle into my main stack. I can obtain more than ¼†per foot of slope throughout the entire run. I will be able to tie in a vent about three feet from the start of my run. Any advice or information on the possibility of this working would be great! Thanks!

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
that's a fascinating question.

As long as you have that vent like you say you do, and you have that slope like you say you do, you may very well be fine.

Post a diagram just in case there is something else that is not yet expressed that needs to be checked. Is this a 3" toilet run? What size vent ? Etc.

david

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
...Don't forget the cleanouts you are going to need...
Drains not to exceed 135 deg. without a cleanout....

caw1982

Reaction score
3" pipe with 1.5" vent.

I was going to put a cleanout at every corner. Would I be better off with two 45 degree turns instead of a 90 degree?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks