Furnace Not Working

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnO

Reaction score
I hear what I believe to be the circulator continuously running and the pilot light is on. However, I cannot get the furnace to run and I am not getting any heat. I know that the contacts are closed in each zone.

There is a little (what looks like a) bleed valve and it is leaking a little hot water. The hot water in all the faucets is good.

That is the only thing that I can see is wrong. I will try to get a photo.

Any help in the interim would be appreciated. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
John, circulators and zone valve imply a hot water boiler. Is that what you have?

In a boiler, there are numerous safety monitors. Low pressure, high pressure, over temp, flame sensing, and more if it is a closed system like vacuum caused by the forced induction system. Any one of those safety interlocks could prevent the system from operating.

If you are fairly handy and own either a test light or a multimeter, and can find the wiring diagram, you can isloate what is preventing the system from firing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks