Hello everyone! I'm trying to repair the pump intake to an aquarium calcium reactor. There is a true union (slip I think) with a nipple going into a 3 way elbow. The nipple running between the union and the 3 way elbow is cracked off completely. HOw should I repair this?

I was thinking two ways... glue it up ghetto style. Probably not a good idea because it will have highly alkaline salt water flowing through it. OR using half of a new union and rebuilding the rest of the intake to the pump. I just don't know how to get that air hose into the top of the elbow. Does that look like a standard fitting?

Thanks for your help.

busted calcium reactor