thanks

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipes

I doubt that any inspector would approve that side inlet elbow at that location. Your sink arms are longer than would be approved here. And most codes will not permit a "double tee"/cross unless it is an approved "back to back" fixture fitting, (they may go by the name Figure 1 or figure 5, depending on where you live), which is not the same as a cross.

Dircom

Reaction score
rough in

hj said:
I doubt that any inspector would approve that side inlet elbow at that location. Your sink arms are longer than would be approved here. And most codes will not permit a "double tee"/cross unless it is an approved "back to back" fixture fitting, (they may go by the name Figure 1 or figure 5, depending on where you live), which is not the same as a cross.

I found out its 36" for 1.5 pipe and 5 ft for 2"

is the 90 that drains the washing machine and kids lav turning towards the main stack ok?

In the kids bathroom, can I vent the shower and toilet as shown or does the vent need to be between the two fixtures?

thanks

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ipc

If you are under the IPC, then use the 5' dimension, otherwise the dimension may be 42". A "back to back" fixture fitting is the only one you should use to join openings from the opposite sides of the pipe, but the IBC seems to allow pretty much anything so in your case a cross might be acceptable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks