(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Special Fitting?

  1. #1

    Default Special Fitting?

    Hello all,
    I am in the process of a complete remodel of my 3/4 bath. I have encountered an unusual PVC Y fitting. It is a 7 1/2 long, 3x4x2 y. The 4" section connects to the old 4" cast iron but it is labeled Permafit and has the # 45174 on it. Is this a special sleeve or a special Y fitting? I googled Permafit and Colonial Engineering and could not find anything. Extra space is nonexistant so I must find a replacement. Please advise.

  2. #2
    DIY Junior Member macleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pasadena, ca

    Default Try a local plumbing/ pipe supply house, look at Nibco website


    I also encountered an unusual fitting in my bathroom remodel. You can try looking up the fitting on a manufacturer website like Nibco - www.nibco.com, they make plastic fittings.

    I found that to actually buy the fitting, I could not go to HD or Lowes, I had to go to a couple of pipe supply stores until I found one that did enough volume to stock the part I needed, a 4" elbow with low heel vent inlet.

    In my area, Ferguson was that store - I think they are a nationwide chain of plumbing supply houses. If you take the fitting into the store, they may be able to help you. This is definitely one area where the service at a plumbing supply house is worth it. Plus, they may have doughnuts if you go early enough.

    good luck,

    Jason MacLeod

    Last edited by Terry; 12-26-2008 at 12:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Plumber RioHyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio


    Could you post a picture of the fitting?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts