(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: burnham holiday 6-60 question...

Default burnham holiday 6-60 question...

burnham holiday 6-60 question... the power company came and turned off system and came back and turned on pilot but it does not fire up. It has been a long time and do not remember how to turn on. I have only an on-off light switch and every thing says automatic no buttons. Really appreciate the help I know it is so simple but forgot how to turn completely on???

Default answer.......

the power company came back since they turned off problem was you need to light both sides of the pilot light its in an L form both parts need to be lit also there was an electrical part that was not passing current when the thermosat was calling for heat.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Glad you got that resolved. I wasn't aware it had that type of pilot light. There is a part called a thermocouple that performs a safety lock-out function...it won't allow the main gas valve to open if it doesn't sense the pilot light being on. I'm surprised first that the pilot is double-ended, and second, that the thermocouple didn't sense the side that was on, but hey, now you know.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014