(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Shallow well

That sand thing is another reason why i said to pump that at a higher rate than your regular use. Anyway i would keep pumping it until its gone. You could try developing it more by dropping the prime and allowing the water to drop back down the well.You could plumb in a tee with a shut off valve coming off line from the tee and this would allow you to drop the prime quickly without having to disconnect the pump. Most screened wells that produce sand either have a break some where or they are under developed.I would have to say that yours is under developed. Sand can create havoc on your pump and your irrigation system. For the irrigation system,If the sand does not go away you could always install a fine mesh stainless filter with a purge valve below it for easy cleaning.

SAM

Smile

Sounds Good, i'll try to develop the well more. I did run the pump a few more times today. I didnt check it for fine sand. Tomorrow i'll run it again. I will do short bursts of running the pump and opening the system to see if that helps.
    Byron

Byron,
    every time you drop that the prime in the well,that whole column of water drops down and surges the screen. The more you do it the more you loosing up the fine sand around the screen and then it Will come through.By pulling those fines through you are creating a pocket of granular sand outside the screen.

SAM

Smile Shallow well all done!

Hi Guy's, I have finally got everything plumbed and installed. I have used to well several times now to water my lawn, It has run flawless. I have ran the pump for a couple of hours up to 5 hours watering my lawn with no problems what so ever. I want to thank all of you for your support and help getting me up and running!

Thank You !!!!
    Byron