Another Toilet venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

Squints2See

Reaction score
Hello,

I searched the forums but couldnt real find an answer. Im installing a toilet in a new basement bathroom and am hoping to find another way of venting without busting up concrete. There is already a toilet flange installed in the concrete slab. It is only 12" away from the main drain line that goes out of the house. I am wondering if I could vent it by teeing off of the 3" drain that feeds the upstairs bath fixtures. Where I would tee off of this drain is only about 30" from the flange. Is this possible? There is nothing upstream from the toilet if this makes any difference. I've include a pic:

toilet_plan.gif

If this wont work, is there any other options for venting the toilet without busting up concrete?

Thanks for your help,

Todd

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

If a proper vent was not placed in the toilet pipe when it was installed, then there is no way to do so without breaking the concrete floor. Just putting a new pipe somewhere in the system does not automatically vent the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks