Kinetico K40 unit Malfunction

Users who are viewing this thread

MAG

Reaction score
The brine tank fills with water and dissolves all the salt. The unit is not producing soft water. I cleaned the tank and float assembly. I removed and cleaned out the tank head unit. The unit goes through its cycles just fine.

I have no clue as to why it fills up the brine tank and does not suck the water back out of the tank. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The usual causes of too much water in the brine tank are: loose brine line connections allowing air to be sucked rather than heavy brine, kinked/blocked drain line, blocked injector or injector throat, or a control valve internal water leak to the brine line/tank during service or in Kinetico's a leaking float valve in the brine tank. They use a cheap float valve design instead of a real brine valve to set the salt dose water level and they leave/allow full line pressure on it in the service position.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks