Good Flush WITH a Good Bowl Wash?

Users who are viewing this thread

EricTheBald

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I currently have a AS Champion "Right Height" 2-peice.

Other than the lousy bowl wash, I'm actually quite happy with it. (I suspect proper installation has a lot to do with it, but I don't know.)

I need to buy a new toilet to replace an old "I Don't Know" Model manufactured by "Beats Me".

In my research I discovered that it is possible to get a powerful flush from lots of different places. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone pointing out a toilet as having a good Bowl Wash.

I have no objection to a pressure assist toilet. I couldn't possibly care less about the noise. In fact, I'm tempted to get one of those toilets that are installed in commercial establishments that have a flush that sounds like a 747 and could clean cement out of the bowl.

I just need to know what people's experiences have been with toilets that have a particularly good bowl wash.

Last edited by a moderator:

JCturboT

Reaction score
Eric,

Besides the noise there are few drawbacks with a Gerber Ultra Flush.

Having just recently purchased one (21-312) I can tell you that it flushes everything and the bowl wash is truly second to none.

Another great feature is the water spot-which is even larger than my 1957 vintage standard.

Jeff

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
soiree_cyclone.jpg

Toto recently introduced new models called the Soiree and Gunivere with double cyclone flush. It has 2 bowl-wash jets, and the legendary Toto 3 inch flush valve, so should have the right combination of good bowl wash + good flush.

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Terry Love talks bowl rinse on this video

Last edited by a moderator:

restore1920

Reaction score
Along the line of experience or known troubles with a "good wash"...

My wife recently finished her MD and her education routinely makes its way into our daily lives. Of all the "fecal-oral" transmitted diseases they are most commonly transmitted by aerosolized particles from toilet flushing and not from licking each others' ____. (c: The stronger the flush the more particles that float inexplicably strait to your tooth brush.

If this is an unappetizing thought then close the lid before flushing or keep toothbrushes hermetically sealed when not in use! I'm a big fan of the mega-flush but it will definitely add validity to your wifes nagging to put the lid down! (But don't think your immune with low flow toilets!)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks