Toilet advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Doral

Reaction score
We are still in the process of a Katrina "redo". Everybody here raves about Toto toilets. Where I live, there are really a "special order" item and the repair parts are very difficult to obtain in a timely manner. The local plumbers don't want to mess with them. I have been advised that the Eljer Titan would be my best choice. I would appreciate it if the some of the Pros on this board would weigh in. If I could with American Standard, I have to special order as the color is need is biscut/linen. I would truly appreciate some expert experience as to whether or not you feel that the Titan is a good toilet.

Thank you very much. (So many decisions......)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Eljer Titan should be fine for the job.
When I compare side to side out of the box, it looks like a lessor quality grade compared to something like a Toto Drake, but good enough.

The Eljer uses a Fluidmaster fill valve.
The Toto uses a Korky Quietfill.
Both of those fill valves are sold at Lowes, as is the Toto flapper.
I don't know who sells an Eljer flapper.

In the Seattle area, I pay more for the Titan than I do for the Drake.

I wouldn' t set the Eljer with wax. I would use something like a Fluidmaster waxless seal.

titan_front2.jpg

Last edited:

Doral

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I have been lurking here in the background for quite awhile.....studying plumbing and bathrooms. This site is wonderful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks