Washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Just so you know, I deleted the thread on my washer. Although, I did appreciate the responses. Thank you.

Cookie

Reaction score
Update on the washer:

It was the pressure fill switch.
The serviceman from this other company took the front of the washer, found water in the bottom, ( hasn't been used in 5 days) ran the washer, watched it leak, and then, took off the back of it, where the controls are, and now it is fine.

He was a nice man. Very professional, friendly, and knew his job. I am calling the company and telling them about him. I am so glad this is fixed. I think I got a cold from the laundrymat, and now am so sick, I can't shake it.

Cookie

Reaction score
I wasn't going to post this, but, then I thought, maybe, I should so people can see, how some people's lives go!

I threw a load of wash in this morning, and 30 minutes later I walked downstairs to switch it and needed to put waders on.

It is leaking again, this time with a venegance. :eek:

Being I am about as sick as person can get and still be breathing, I sent my son to the laundrymat this time, while I called the company back up. This washer I bought in dec of 06. Amazing.

I think there was probably more water on the floor than there could had been in the washer, LOL. should had thrown my clothes there. :)

Roy, what do you think? LOL.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My guess is that there are some plastic parts, and when the new one was installed, something split; or, it didn't get installed tight enough. Could be as simple as the hose wasn't tightened back up. Frustrating...

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, now the washer doesn't spin. And, when you turn it on the cycle, it starts off agitating, instead of filling!

Boy, if I do a survey, I would love to know, how many people went to church today. Just curious.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
We go ever Sunday. But today was nice, after church we took my 91 year old Grandma to her favorite restaurant for a lovely brunch. She insisted we stop at her house and get her purse before we went down to the nursing home. She is recovering from hip surgery. She wanted her purse because her credit card was in it and she wanted to pay, she mentioned that to my wife and my mom, it was her treat. We had a long, leisurely late afternoon meal and did a lot gabbing about long ago Easter egg hunts on the farm and her two deceased husbands. My wife had laid out semi matching blue shirts and ties for me and the boys and Grandma Z got a kick out of us matching, all the gals at church thought it was cute, I felt like a tool, but it makes my wife happy. The waitress drops the check on us, and Grandma draws a blank. Fortunately, I had just enough cash as the ticket was 77 bucks plus tip. My wife snuck me a twenty, so I dropped 93 bucks on the table and split.
C:He is risen
A:He is risen indeed.

Cookie

Reaction score
Alright, to the 187 people who are reading this saga of the washer, he was here, he fixed it again, and left.

Now, he took off the front, and their is a plastic tubing, and in it, was a clog. He blew it out, and it looked like lint. Now, it is working again.

He said, the words I never ever like to hear. He said, " This is a freaky thing" I just groaned...

I do hit the long shots in life.

So, far so good~~on the second load.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
What he did was clean out the screen on the fill level tube...
It is a tube that runs from the outer drum bottom to the fill valve on the control panel..
They tend to clog failry easily and when they do the washer does not read the correct level of water in the tub and overfills...
Mine does that so about once a month I have to take the panel off and blow some air through the hose to clean the screen...
It is common when you do a lot of "linty" (is that a word?) laundry or, as in my case, if you have a lot of dogs that shed a lot....

Cookie

Reaction score
That sounds about right, yep. It was just a small clog but, I guess enough to do exactly that. Now, I wish I would had watched how he took the front panel off. I just need the washer on a steady basis. My old one, worked alot better than this one. I never had to have it serviced. I never thought I had alot of lint, but, who knows, maybe...the kids are shedding more, lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
Does anyone know, how many chances a company gets to fix an appliance, and, then they just have to replace it?

I am trying to catch up on laundry, and here we go again...

Now it is leaking on small loads, and not spinning.

I really need a washer that works, and, I spend all day having to wait on them to come. This will be the 4th time.

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks