plumbing code book

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a customer who is looking for a plumbing code reference book. I was just wondering if any of you have any recomendations.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
book

Why does he want it? If for code questions, then he needs the one for your area, along with any local amendments the building department has added. Therefore, the local building department is usually a good source for it.

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I told him, but I was just making sure there wasn't a general reference out there somewhere.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Check the reference desk at your local library. They usually have the applicable code books on hand.

Prashster

Reaction score
If he's a homeowner, I'd start with the Codecheck series. It's written in layman terms. However, I wouldn't do ANYTHING before showing your design and plans to your inspector.

If yr not planning to get the deal inspected, then you should read and learn the UPC. Plumbeat Emptor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks