Niagra toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

hijarhead

Reaction score
Installed a Niagra toilet about two months ago. It has a "pan/bucket" in the tank that fills with water about 1/2 gal I would guess. When you turn the handle to flush,the tank/holding pan emties into the tank flushing the bowl. Comes with a "life-time" guarantee that it will never have a run/drip problem that flappers cause. Anybody used or have an opinion on this unit.. So far I have no problems ( of course I realize this is a short amount of time). thinking on using them on other projects just want to make sure they are reliable.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water tray holds water that is dumped for flushing the toilet, instead of the flapper that you normally see.
As we all know, flappers can gio bad and leak.

In that regard, the water tray of the Niagara reduces that area of repair.
Not that you are totally home free though. There are still handles that can break, and trays that can crack.

It uses the Fluidmaster repair parts for the fill valve.

http://www.coopershardware.com/store/products/Fluidmaster-703A5B.html

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I installed 1 reciently and it tested O.K. but over the long haul I don't know, and how it performs under a "heavy load" is unknown to me.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed one for a friend and the handle broke within a week. Niagara sent one free, but it took 3 months to get it because they were on backorder. You may want to order a couple handles in advance from them if you're going to install a lot of these.

I think this design will eliminate the problem of tank condensation in humid areas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks