PEX push 'n go fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Pmayer

Reaction score
My local home center carries PEX and these push 'n go fittings: http://www.durapex.com/PushNGo.asp which look extremely simple, and seem to be of good quality, but I don't have experience with PEX fittings so it is hard to tell by just looking at them in the store.

My question is this; are these fittings adequate for a basic plumbing run, with a couple of Tee connections? If the crimp fittings are far superior, I am not opposed to plunking down the dough for the crimping tool, but if I don't have to I would prefer to not.

Thanks for the input.

Paul

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fittings

They are just larger versions of the fittings that have been used on water fillter and RO units for years. They are also a plastic verson of the brass SharkBite fittings. They should be serviceable, although they get bulky when you have to put several in the same area, such as for a manifold, AND when the pressure is off, depressing the ring allows them to slide off. They also make a version with a twist ring that locks them in place and the ring has to be rotated before the fitting will slide off.

Stew

Reaction score
Fittings

the push n' go fittings should be okay to use. The main advantage for them is the fact they are not a brass insert fitting as used by most PEX systems. Such metal insert fittings may be subject to dezincification, as well as possibly reduce the flow rates. These fittings, like most, have been tested and approved by 3rd party agencies, such as ASSE and IAPMO.

If you are using PEX pipe with the push n' go fittings, make sure to use the plastic pipe insert / tube stiffner at the end of the pipe going into the fitting. This insert keeps the PEX tube round insuring that the collet bites into the material completely around the diameter. It also reinforces the wall of the pipe to support the connection to the fitting. Not all PEX pipe are made the same or have the same quality level.

One other note. The push n'go fittings are not the same as the Sharkbite design. The are two completely different in terms of design and joining to the pipe, as well as how they are demounted from the pipe. The push n'go fittings are the original John Guest design used by a lot of RO and filter mfgs, but now made in Korea and China for several PEX suppliers.

Pmayer

Reaction score
Stew said:
If you are using PEX pipe with the push n' go fittings, make sure to use the plastic pipe insert / tube stiffner at the end of the pipe going into the fitting.

Thanks for the tip Stew. I have not seen or heard of these inserts before, so I will check back at the store to see if they have such a thing.

Cheers,

Paul

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have used the lock and twist but not the push and twist. I did use a bunch of the lock and twist in my manifold system on my outdoor boiler. I had to move the manifolds and did not have the right tool for the crimps on the PEX I have.

The manifolds had to be moved 8’. I did get the right tool and have the stuff sitting around to redo it all but I’ll get to it when it springs a leak (I’m pushing the temp rating on them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks