(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: puckering drywall question

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member cstdenis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Question puckering drywall question

    I am repainting my bathroom, and had to remove some wallpaper. When they installed the wallpaper, they didn't prime the drywall first, so it was really hard to remove. When I was patching some of the holes/scratches (using joint compound - not spackle), some parts of the drywall paper started to pucker up and leave little bubbles under the paper of the drywall. How can I fix this without replacing the drywall?
    Thank you

  2. #2
    DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    200 miles south of Little Rock


    Use a utility knife to cut out the loose spots of paper, then use drywall tape and joint compound to make a new surface. Also, I prefer paper tape over the self-stick mesh, and be sure to put joint compound underneath the paper.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts